Sunday, December 28, 2008

Pumpkin Bread


For the holidays this year, I made pumpkin bread for gifts. Yep, we used our trophy pumpkin. We've had more fun with this pumpkin than I could ever imagine!

3 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup pumpkin pure' (or canned) (I actually used 2 cups on one batch on accident, still yummy)
1 cup vegetable oil (I used light olive oil)
2 tsp. vanilla (I left it out in a batch but it was still yummy)
3 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg (I didn't have this in my cupboard so I left it out & it was fine)
1/4 tsp. cloves (I think I accidentally added 1/2 tsp. to one batch, but again it turned out fine)

Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl. Stir in sugar, canned pumpkin, oil, & vanilla. Add dry ingredients & spices. Mix well. Pour into 2 bread pans (cake pans will work in a pinch! lol) that have been greased on the bottom only. Bake at 325 degrees for 60 - 80 minutes. Cool 10 minutes & then remove from loaf pans & allow to cool.

I mixed the wet ingredients & set aside. Then I mixed all the dry ingredients together before adding them to the wet ingredients. As you can see, it's a fairly forgiving recipe ;)

No comments: