Tuesday, September 30, 2008

It's Begun...


It's that time of year again...Halloween...Samhain...Dia De Los Muertos (Day of the Dead)...All Hallow's Eve...No matter what you call it, it's October...& for our family, the celebration has begun! My birthday is in October...Autumn is my favorite time of year...Halloween is my favorite celebration...I started decorating the house yesterday & for the most part it's pretty much done...now I will just be fussing & tweaking it the next couple of weeks.

Over the years I have accumulated quite the Halloween collection...every year adding a couple of things to my stash. This year I've decided to not buy anything...Let's face it, most Halloween decorations & such are mass produced in China...how much cheap plastic stuff does one person need from China? This year I've opted to make things rather than buy new stuff. It's been hard a couple of times...Once I even had this huge black skull in my shopping cart...I was very determined to buy it...It was seriously the coolest thing ever...but after wondering around the store & thinking about all of the reasons I wanted it, I just couldn't justify it...so, back it went...And that's ok.

No comments: