Monday, October 6, 2008

It's A Mangled Pie Sort Of Day

Today is the 2nd day I've been without my thyroid meds...My doc wouldn't renew my precription this time...turns out that I'm not his patient any more because I haven't seen him in 3 years. Ok...but they kept refilling my medication, doesn't that make me a patient? And if there was a problem, wouldn't they call & say, 'hey there's a problem & we need to see you before we can keep refilling your meds."??? Here's the other part...since I am no longer his patient...I would be considered a new patient...& this doc isn't taking any new patients...WHAT? So now I'm on a quest to find a new doc...I wasn't thrilled with the old one anyhow...change is good, right? The downside is that I think I'm having withdrawls from the thyroid I was taking...so we'll see how that goes.

Since I felt crumby today, I just puttered about the house watching scary movies & decorating for Halloween. If you look real close in the photo of the lamp, you'll see these little spiders with buggy eyes. My aunt gave those to me yesterday. When she thinks of Halloween she thinks of me so she just couldn't resist.
Then I made dinner & even desert...apple pie...I put it in the oven, started to walk off, & then remembered that I forgot to put the butter in it! So I had to poke holes in it & shove the butter down in there...which turned my apple pie into mangled apple pie. Perfect. As long as it tastes good, I really don't care at this point. Mangled pie a la mode for everyone!

No comments: