Friday, July 18, 2008

Magic Raspberry Pie


We have so many raspberries that I tried my hand at making a raspberry pie. Of course I had no idea how to make a raspberry pie so I called Mom...Mom always knows how to make a pie. As you can see, it turned out looking yummy...I couldn't resist pokeing a star into it...& it tasted super yummy with ice cream. Now the magic is in the love I put into it & in the ready made pie crust from the store...which makes it pretty close to instant pie. Poof! It's magic pie! Here's how I did it, based on Mom's advice.

ready made pie crust from the market
about 3 cups raspberries
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup organic whole wheat pastry flour
about a tablespoon of Smart Balance 'butter'

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Take out one ready made crust, unroll it & put in pie pan, set aside. Put raspberries in bowl. Put in sugar & gently stir. Put in flour & gently stir again. Raspberries will be coated with sugar & flour. Put berry mixture into pie crust, dot with butter. Unroll top crust & put on top of berries. Fold the edges under & then press with fork to seal. Poke holes in top of crust. Put in oven & bake on 400 for 15 minutes, then turn oven down to 350 & bake another 15 minutes...check pie & bake another 5 minutes if it needs it.

Serve warm with vanilla ice cream under a starry sky ;)

No comments: