Sunday, July 20, 2008

More Raspberries!



This time it's muffins! Yum! I whip out one of my very first cook books....my trusty Betty Crocker's New Boys & Girls Cookbook...Yes, I stiil use it! After all, that's where the muffin recipe is. I've tweaked it a bit, but here it is:

Heat oven to 400 degrees

Put unbleached muffin cups in one of those muffin pans.

Stir dry ingredients in a bowl & set aside:
2 cups organic whole wheat pastry flour
1/4 -1/2 cup organic sugar depending on how sweet you like it (since raspberries are kinda tart maybe put 1/4 cup sugar in the batter & then the other 1/4 cup sugar in the berries...I think I shoulda done that because my muffin's were not very sweet)
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

In a completely different bowl, mix the wet indgredients:
1 organic egg
1 cup organic milk (soy milk, almond milk, etc.)
1/4 cup vegtable oil

Then take the mixed wet ingredients & pour them into the dry ingredients. Stir just until flour is moistened. Batter will be slightly lumpy. Do not overmix (That's what it says...Do not overmix...I haven't the slightest clue why) Now put in several handfulls of raspberries & gently stir in. Fill muffin cups 2/3ish full. Bake 20 - 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Makes 12 medium sized muffins.

No comments: