Monday, July 7, 2008

My First Show! July 2008


This is the first showing of any of my work in about eight years. It is the first time I've done a series of paintings all at the same time. Visit my MoonWillow Studio blog to see all seven paintings, along with more of my work: http://moonwillowstudio.blogspot.com/

This series is titled, "New Beginnings". The images are based on my own personal experience of being diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) & Fibromyalgia (FM)...finding the courage to live with it...& after 8 years, regaining enough wellness to finally feel alive again. Rather than focusing on the difficult times & dealing with the challenges of living with CFS & FM I chose to focus on courage, hope, & the power of positive thinking. The creative act of painting this series was also very helpful in my healing process.

Showing July 9-26, 2008 at The Artist's Tree Gallery, 828 W. Sprague Avenue, Downtown Spokane, WA, across the street from the Davenport Hotel.

I'm super excited! Stay tuned to see how it went!

(It is estimated that between 1 and 4 million Americans suffer from CFS & 6 to 8 million people in the United States suffer from FM. More information & resources for CFS & FM can be found at www.reaching-out.info)

1 comment:

Sarah Sullivan said...

Dear Karmen,
So happy for you!!! Hope it all went wonderfully!!!! Wish I could have been there!! Congratulations!!! BB, Sarah